Free Bus Pass
This website tells you more information about Scotland-wide free bus travel for older and disabled people and how to get an Entitlement Card which enables you to access the new scheme.
- If you are an existing concessionary travel card holder, you may be aware that there are boundary restrictions with your current bus pass and in some areas you may not be able to use your pass in the morning rush hour.
- The new Scotland-wide free bus travel scheme for older and disabled people will do away with these restrictions from 1 April 2006.
- As you are currently entitled to free local bus travel, you automatically have the right to get a pass for the new scheme.The new pass is called an Entitlement Card. This website provides you with the details of who to contact for more information on how to get one.
- Until the end of March 2006, keep using your current pass.
- From April 2006 to travel free on buses locally or Scotland-wide, use your new Entitlement Card.